East Sussex has many beautiful places to visit. Follow the links below for some ideas:
- An inspiration from the moment you enter, Great Dixter House & Gardens is the home and garden of the late, great Christopher Lloyd.
- Visit one – or all – of the many National Trust properties close by, including Sissinghurst, Bodiam Castle, Smallhythe Place, and Scotney Castle.
- Stretch your legs at Camber Sands, 5 miles long and one of the most dramatic beaches on the south coast.
- Visit the lovely hilltop town of Rye, home of our Friday night concert, and full of interesting shops and places to visit.
- Managed by the Sussex Wildlife Trust and the Friends of Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, Rye Harbour Nature Reserve is one of the most important conservation sites on the Sussex coast.
And should you need a place to stay during the Festival, try the Flackley Ash: a charming, privately owned Georgian Country House Hotel, set in mature gardens, with 45 individually styled rooms, swimming pool, spa & restaurant.